The Power of Infinity
There is no limit to your potentials and what you can achieve if you set the right goals and work towards accomplishing them
The word infinity brings to mind something that is vast, limitless, and boundless. We often can relate to infinity in terms of the universe, the vastness and boundlessness of space, time, matter, and energy. Despite the vastness of the universe, the universe continues to expand. But the universe was not always this vast. According to the big bang theory (a cosmological theory for the origin of the universe), the universe started out as a point singularly. The lesson we can learn from this is that the beginning may be small, but the end could be great. It’s unfathomable to begin to comprehend how a point singularity gave rise to our physical universe with its vastness in space-time, abundance in the matter, and dynamic in energy.
As humans (created in the image of God), we are endowed with infinite abilities. We need to be able to tap into our inner self and harness the infinite energy and use that energy to achieve whatever goals that we set for ourselves. Just look around and ponder about the things created by humans: roads, bridges, airplanes, mobile technology, the internet, space travel, satellites, and the list goes on and on. All these things came into existence because someone thought about it, and worked hard to convert their thought into a reality. Once you identify thought and you are willing to work hard, your inner being creates an abundant supply of energy to empower you so that you can achieve your goals.
I like this famous quote from Nikola Tesla:
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe, there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.” Nicola Tesla
You can become whatever you wish to become if you focus your energy on your goals. You will be surprised by what you can achieve if you continue to push yourself.
When I wrote my first article on medium in June of 2018, I was writing just for exploratory purposes. A friend of mine had introduced me to Medium just a month before my first article was published. After reading some articles on the platform, I said to myself, this is such a cool platform, why not give it a try by writing an article and posting it on medium.
Today, I have a total of close to 120 published articles. I never would have imagined from the outset that I would be able to even publish 10 articles on Medium. Once you focus your energy on something that you enjoy doing, you’d be surprised how energetic you can become.
Let’s now discuss some areas of life where the power of infinity could be applied
- Weight Loss: Are you trying to shed off some pounds? Do you push yourself above and beyond to achieve your goals? Do you exercise on a daily basis? Do you have a fixed routine for your exercise? Do you eat properly? It takes hard work and effort, but unless you keep pushing and pushing, you wouldn’t achieve your goals. If your goal is to lose weight, keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. As you expand and extend your efforts, you’d be surprised by the great results that you’ll achieve.
- Athlete: Are you an athlete? Are you trying to reach some goals in life? To be successful, you need to push yourself to unexpected levels in order to reach your full potential. The human body and the brain are designed in such a way that by self-motivation and effort, we can achieve goals that are seemingly impossible. I started running every day from last summer of 2019. When I just started, I could not do half a mile of non-stop slow pace running without feeling out of breath. As I practiced each and every day, improving myself in incremental amounts, I got better and better. Now I can do 5 miles of non-stop slow pace running. This was an impossibility for me a year ago. My goal is to keep pushing and pushing. I would love to participate in a marathon race one day.
- Student: As a student, what are your goals? Are you just interested in passing your classes or are you are interested in obtaining the highest grade? If you don’t push yourself by working hard, you will settle for mediocrity. Set clear goals for yourself at the beginning of every semester, and make it your goal to be the best in your class.
- Finance: Are you trying to build wealth? What is your path to financial freedom and wealth? Do you have a plan of action? What are your spending habits? Do you have a side hustle? If you can’t rise above being an average person and push yourself above and beyond, you wouldn’t be able to build wealth.
- Writer: What are your goals? Can you make it a goal to improve the quality and quantity of your articles? Do you consider writing as a source of side-income? If you don’t have solid goals in mind, you wouldn’t be able to rise above average. Keep writing and writing and writing.
In summary, we’ve discussed the power of infinity. As humans, we continuously look for ways to expand and improve. Just as the universe continues to expand, if we set the right goals, and work hard at achieving them, then nothing can stop up.